ACN’s board of directors is supported by committees who help execute our strategic plan and goals.
To learn more about serving on an ACN committee, you can reference the general committee information here. Please contact the committee chair (see below) or Tricia Fusilero at email@example.com if you would like to attend a meeting and learn more!
The committee is responsible for providing financial insight and recommendations into ACN's operations and strategic initiatives. Its general areas of interest and responsibility involve participating in and supporting sponsorship, membership, programming, marketing and organizational strategy (short and long-term) initiatives. This is a Board member only committee, but from time to time the Board may request general members’ assistance with finance/governance efforts, therefore if you’d like to be considered for these opportunities please contact Tricia Fusilero for more information.
• Continue providing financial insight and recommendations regarding all aspects of ACN’s membership, programming, marketing and sponsorship activities
• Consistently monitor the current and projected financial standing of ACN to ensure the financial health of the organization
• Collaborate with all functions across ACN to assess the financial implications for all strategic and operational initiatives that are considered and inform decisions that are ultimately made
Governance Committee Purpose & Plans
The committee is responsible for ensuring that there is a sound governance structure in place, that the organization is in legal compliance and good standing, and that the governing board is carrying out its work effectively. This is a Board member only committee, but from time to time the Board may request general members’ assistance with finance/governance efforts, therefore if you’d like to be considered for these opportunities please contact John Bauer for more information.
• Develop content for Annual Board Member Orientation to be delivered on July 30
• Develop Annual Committee Member Orientation
• Legal and functional review of the ACN Bylaws
• Collaborate with Membership Committee on membership category alignment
• Execute Annual Board Nomination and Election Process
• Explore options for a board self-assessment process to inform opportunities for ongoing board development
Marketing & Communications Committee Purpose & Plans
The committee is responsible for ensuring that ACN's brand and messaging is consistent in all outreach and across all channels. Its general areas of interest and responsibility are print marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, website maintenance and public relations. The Communications Committee also works closely with other committees to assure brand and messaging is consistent across all ACN outreach.
• Make the website more user-friendly for members, prospective members and nonprofits
• Implement analytics tracking system
• Develop a comprehensive ACN Brand Guide
Membership Engagement Committee Members & Ambassadors
Megan Angle - MEC Member & Ambassador
Gioia Giannotti - MEC Member & Ambassador
Allecia Harley - MEC Member
Sam Odishoo - MEC Member & Ambassador
Arthur Padilla - MEC Member & Ambassador
George Persekian - Ambassador
Mahal Ramos - MEC Member
Amy Schiffman - Ambassador
Laura Weinman - MEC Member and Ambassador
Membership Engagement Committee Purpose & Plans
The purpose of the Membership Committee is to develop an annual plan to attract new ACN members and retain current members. The committee is responsible for setting attainable goals for the year.
• Add 2 Members/Ambassadors to Committee
• Conduct Virtual Monthly New Member Welcome Presentations
• Invite Prospective Members to Join/Attend
• Identify & Recommend Additional Membership Benefits/Features
• Conduct Coffee and/or Networking Events for Potential Member
• Grow Membership by 10%
• Achieve 90% Member Retention Rate
Program Committee Purpose & Plans
The committee is responsible for ensuring that ACN offers its members and guests a series of programs that enhance understanding of the nonprofit sector and provide relevant professional development content that benefits members' consulting practices. The committee is responsive to Board directives and input from members gathered through post-program questionnaires and surveys.
• Determine programming topics and formats our members need in a COVID-19 world
• Work with other committees to ensure programs:
• are relevant to ACN members
• provide valuable networking opportunities
• help impact the sector
• support ACN’s core mission
• Continue engaging with ACN members and consultants in Chicagoland suburbs
• Explore more ways to use virtual and in-person events to support partnerships
• Re-evaluate programming delivery as the community adapts and adjusts to new realities