ACN’s board of directors is supported by committees who help execute our strategic plan and goals.
To learn more about serving on an ACN committee, you can reference the general committee information here. Please contact the committee chair (see below) or Jennifer Heffernan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend a meeting and learn more!
Executive Committee Purposes & Plans
The Executive Committee is a standing committee of the Board of Directors and shall consist of the elected officers of the Board plus the Association Manager. The Committee shall provide advice and counsel to the President and Association Manager, conduct an annual review of the management company, and conduct business and other transactions on behalf of the Board of Directors between Board meetings within defined limits as described in this Committee Charter.
Governance Committee Purpose & Plans
The committee is responsible for ensuring that there is a sound governance structure in place, that the organization is in legal compliance and good standing, and that the governing board is carrying out its work effectively. This committee is comprise of Board and non-Board members.
• New Board Member Orientation to be delivered by July 1
• Develop Annual Committee Member Orientation
• Legal and functional review of the ACN Bylaws
• Collaborate with Membership Committee on membership category alignment
• Execute Annual Board Nomination and Election Process
• Explore options for a board self-assessment process to inform opportunities for ongoing board development
• Develop and recommend Board policies and procedures
Marketing & Communications Committee Purpose & Plans
The committee is responsible for ensuring that ACN's brand and messaging is consistent in all outreach and across all channels. Its general areas of interest and responsibility are print marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, website maintenance and public relations. The Communications Committee also works closely with other committees to assure brand and messaging is consistent across all ACN outreach.
• Make the website more user-friendly for members, prospective members and nonprofits
• Implement analytics tracking system
• Develop a comprehensive ACN Brand Guide
Membership Engagement Committee Purpose & Plans
The purpose of the Membership Committee is to develop an annual plan to attract new ACN members and retain current members. The committee is responsible for setting attainable goals for the year.
• Add 2 Members/Ambassadors to Committee
• Conduct Virtual Monthly New Member Welcome Presentations
• Invite Prospective Members to Join/Attend
• Identify & Recommend Additional Membership Benefits/Features
• Conduct Coffee and/or Networking Events for Potential Member
• Grow Membership by 10%
• Achieve 90% Member Retention Rate
Program Committee Purpose & Plans
The committee is responsible for ensuring that ACN offers its members and guests a series of programs that enhance understanding of the nonprofit sector and provide relevant professional development content that benefits members' consulting practices. The committee is responsive to Board directives and input from members gathered through post-program questionnaires and surveys.
• Determine programming topics and formats our members need in a COVID-19 world
• Work with other committees to ensure programs:
• are relevant to ACN members
• provide valuable networking opportunities
• help impact the sector
• support ACN’s core mission
• Continue engaging with ACN members and consultants in Chicagoland suburbs
• Explore more ways to use virtual and in-person events to support partnerships
• Re-evaluate programming delivery as the community adapts and adjusts to new realities